Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Made It!

Hello all!  I am finally here in Zimbabwe and it is so exciting!  My friends Stephanie and Rob Davy picked me up from the airport last night in Harare and we stayed at Rob's brothers house.  Today we are simply spending our day here in the city awaiting the arrival of our friend Kate, whose flight will be coming in this evening.  First thing in the morning we will be leaving for Chiredzi, which they have assured me is where the real culture shock will truly set in.  I very much look forward to seeing their hometown, which I have heard so much about.

It feels so nice to finally be here after so much preparation.  Everything has been very smooth so far, so God is definitely taking good care of me!  I can already tell that Africa is going to be very different from anything I am used to.  I just really hope I get to see some elephants before I leave (Rob will make sure that I do).

I must keep this update brief because I only paid for a certain amount of internet time, and also because we are getting ready to go eat Sadza!  Hopefully I will be able to give another, more detailed update at the end of the week before Kate and I head off to Mozambique.  So...until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Excited for you. Wish I was there too. Rob and Steph will make sure you see elephants and other animals in the wild. Give Rob, Steph, Zeb, Alone, Cephas and Kufa a hug for me...and all the rest of the gang. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful you are getting this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO happy you made it there safely! Love you and miss you already! You better hug an elephant for me. Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and blessings - May Christ shine through you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you Brittany listening to God's calling! Many prayers for you! So happy you have this blog so I can follow your journey and where God is leading you!

    ReplyDelete